What Grants are available to you?
- Apartment or Mid-terrace House
- Semi-detached or End of terrace
- Detached house
How to apply for the grant
Grant approval must be in place before any work commences. For a speedy application and immediate approval apply online at
You will need your
- Meter point reference number (MPRN) which is on your electricity bill
- Bank details
- E-mail address
- Chosen registered contractor from the SEAI registered contractors list ( McAuliffe Brothers Plastering Contractors
External Wall Insulation
Save on your heating bill with External Wall insulation.
McAuliffe Bros are SEAI (Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland) & NSAI (National Standards of Ireland) approved installers of external wall insulation.
Advantages of External Wall insulation:
- Less energy required to heat your home , thus lower fuel bills
- More balanced comfortable heat throughout your home
- Avail of the current government grant through SEAI
- New and fresh appearance to the outside of your home
- No need to move out while works are being carried out
- Internal area remains unchanged and mess free as insulation is applied outside the home
- Cover up existing unsightly render / bricks / finish / crackes
- Most jobs completed in a short time frame – 7 – 10 working days from start date depending on the size of the house
- Provides a maintenance free exterior to your home
- Improves air tightness
External wall insulation (EWI) is a type of insulation which is applied to the external walls of your home.
The application of EWI reduces your heating bills and as a result your carbon emmissions.
EWI is the most efficient way to insulate an existing building. It uses the fabric of the building like a storage radiator. Because the heat can no longer escape through the outer layer of insulation, it is reflected back into the living areas, creating a constant warmer home.
McAuliffe Bros use the Baumit External Wall Insulation System.
How is External Wall Insulation Applied ?
- The insulation is mechanically and adhesively fixed to all external walls
- A fibre mesh is embedded onto the insulation board using a basecoat
- A coloured primer is applied to the basecoat when fully dry
- A coloured and textured acrylic render finish is then applied.
There is an extensive range of colours and textures to choose from. The final result is a durable low maintenace finish that only requires hosing down every 3 – 5 years,